Spiritual Formation is the restoration of God’s image within us.
It is a vital, multi-faceted process which goes deeper than typical Christian discipleship programs. It’s not just more information; it’s about transformation of our character and developing intimacy of relationship with God. It helps us integrate our fragmented intellect, emotions, will, conscience, desires and imagination.
Soul restoration is rarely a simple fix, even though we desire quick and easy situational solutions.
Restoration is a journey into God’s slow, steady, meticulous and mysterious interventions to save us from ourselves and empower us to live more deeply into who He designed us to be. In this workshop, you will envision and engage a hopeful, relational way to "be" and "do" your life in Christ. Together we will aim for restoration. (12 week course)
Spiritual formation is the process of becoming more like Christ for the good of the world. This workshop uses heart-level dynamics to awaken our desire for God, deepen our relationship with Christ, and form our character. The Word of God will be emphasized and reflected upon. Highest value will be placed on the formation of your spirituality (relationship with Christ) and restoration of your soul rather than simply informing your mind. Several spiritual disciplines will be practiced with an interactive, small-group format. The first hour of each session involves a short lecture/instruction period focusing on specific life-giving restoration processes that God invites us to live into. Group discussion will follow. The second hour involves guided participation in spiritual formation practices designed to open your heart, nurture your soul and cultivate restoration.
Our souls need restoration--regular refreshment, renewal, repair and transformation. Life wears us down, brutalizes us, and wounds us. We carry old baggage and accumulate new layers of heaviness and pain. The world, the flesh and the devil do what they can to harm what God wants to grow, and we often sabotage ourselves. But good news prevails: “He restores my soul.”
'Wonder of Woman' Workshop
In the Spring, we offer The Wonder of Woman course which is for WOMEN ONLY. This course is open to women 18 years old and beyond. We will be discussing some of the unique issues that pertain to women: the Soul of a Woman versus the Role of Women; God's Design; Healing Restoration; Elements of some spiritual practices that help us create space for an ever deepening relationship with God; Redemptive Suffering and more! Our hope and prayer is that this will become a place of connection and community that will be ongoing after our 12-13 weeks together, in the context of small groups as we pursue God together!
- The Heart of the Father
- God's Design / Biblical Femininity
- The Soul of Woman Versus the Role of Woman
- Beauty Redefined (Guest speaker)
- Becoming versus Doing
- Brokenness and Redemptive Suffering (Guest Speaker)
- Paying Attention To Our Longings
- Is Healing Restoration Possible? (Guest Speaker)
- Living in His Kingdom, Not Created For This World
- Thriving Versus Striving Versus Driving
- Creating Space For God
- Falling In Love With The "Lifter of Our Head"
'Soul Restoration' and 'Deeper in Christ' Workshops
In the Fall, we offer two separate curriculum's on a rotating basis.The Deeper In Christ Workshop helps re-awaken your desire for greater Christ-likeness, sharpens your awareness of God’s presence and promotes obedience to God through desire and delight rather than duty and pressured obedience.The Soul Restoration Workshop is a journey into God’s slow, steady, meticulous and mysterious interventions which save us from ourselves and empower us to live-into heart level character transformations.Both workshops are grace-oriented and focus on God’s wild, extravagant, unconditional love for us as characters in the redemptive story He is writing with our lives.
- Appreciate how God uses "wilderness" situations to nurture our souls.
- Recognize the refuge (restorative space) God is creating in our hearts.
- Practice resting in God’s presence as a cure to our restlessness.
- Pursue the New Testament fulfillment of the two golden rules of Sabbath.
- Experience soul movement away from striving and into grateful thanksgiving.
- Practice solitude and silence to create space for God to move and work.
- Release our over-burdened selves into the cycle of God’s grace.
- Better understand our lives as "story" with patterns, plots and themes.
- Experience (taste and see) the core of soul restoration as connection to God.
- Grow the heart attitude of "brokenness" as the start point for restoration.
- Explore the depths of several desires that encompass soul restoration.
- Practice "living in love" and pursue a joyful sense of being loved by God.
- Realize what spiritual maturity really looks like and how to grow into it more.
Time and Place
The next class starts September 2018
Meets from 6:30pm-8:30 p.m. - Day to be determined
1220 N. Howard St. Spokane, WA 99201
Tuition is $160